Learn Italian in Sicily at Federico II Language School
Sport activities on the beach and cultural activities at school to enjoy while learning Italian in Sicily and making new friends!
After the morning lessons have finished you can take part to our beach and cultural activities, according to the weekly social program*.
In the early afternoon students will go to our partner beach village (only 15 or 25 minutes by bus)**. Our social program is aimed at introducing you to the two souls of Catanese sea.
On the South La Playa, with its soft and light sand and on the North the sea cliffs with their volcanic rocks and the intense blue water.
Our partner beach clubs are at 15/25 minutes by bus from the center of Catania. Normally we leave from piazza Alcalà to reach La Cucaracha village or Le Capannine in the South Playa zone, or we go to the North side where we reach the Aci Castello beach club or La Scivola, between Aci Castello and Aci Trezza.
These beach clubs are characterized by a young and cosy atmosphere, and you will enjoy a pleasant and amusing holiday.
Accompanied by one of our teachers, or provided with a free pass, the students can have access to the beach clubs for free, although some services, as sunbeds or beach umbrellas require an extra charge. The beach clubs offer bars and restaurants, showers, dressing rooms, animation, and it is also possible to join extra courses like windsurf, for instance.
One of our teachers will come along woth you and you will be able to relax or have fun practicing your Italian!
Our Summer Social Program is scheduled as follows:
- Monday – Beach Volley or Beach Tennis at Le Capannine or Cucaracha, Playa.
- Tuesday – Water polo under Aci Castello’s Castle
or – Lessons on Youth slang in the volcanic beach of San Giovanni Li Cuti
- Wednesday – City Tour in the historical center of Catania or Museum visit.
- Thursday – Scuba Diving or Canoeing or Pedal boat at Aci Castello.
Students may choose between the “baptism of sea”, the first scuba diving experience with oxygen cylinder, in Lido Aci Castello,
or a tour by canoe or pedalò to discover Aci Trezza’s islands and the Medieval Castle of Aci Trezza .
- Friday – Cooking lesson at school. We consider the eating well culture as an integral part of Italian culture. Anyone should be able to cook a dish of pasta…therefore once a week all the students will try their hands at the stove to cook!
- Mini Excursion on sailing boat. Thanks to the partnership between Federico II andwww.sicilysailingexperience.com once in two weeks our students will have to opportunity to spend an afternoon on a sailing boat and to bath in Catania’s gulf. Naturally, remember to take your swimsuit and camera with you!
- “Movida” and night life! Catania is famous for being one of the most lively and fun cities in Italy; its night life is especially sparkling during the summer: you will have the possibility to join beach parties and dance under the stars in a typically Italian atmosphere.
Catanese night life takes place in:
- Piazza Teatro Massimo (Opera Theatre Square). Average age 18-30
- Pacini street – Average age 25-35
- Alessi stairs – historical pub “Niewsky”
- Penninello street – University students
- Ursino Castle – Eating horse meat at the restaurant “Il borgo di Federico”
- Santa Filomena street – Pizzerias and various restaurants
During the summer the coolest parties are:
- Monday evening – Beer and Cous Cous at Agorà youth hostel
- Tuesday at Banacher – ‘70s-‘80s music, average age over 25
- Wednesday and Thursday at Barbarabeach, electrotechno and alternative rock music
- Thursday Afrobar/Cucaracha, house music
- Friday – various parties
- Saturday various parties in Taormina
- SAILING tours – one-day excursion with www.sicilysailingexperience.com
Federico II’s students will have a special discount if they will reserve a one-day tour to discover:
– The Medieval Lava Castle of Aci Castello
– The Cylops Islands and the Natural sea reserve of Aci Trezza
– Ulysses’ caves
Fish-based lunch on boat!
- ETNA tours – Our students will have the opportunity of a discount also for one-day or half-day excursions on Etna, thanks to our partner www.etnaexperience.com
* The included cultural activities are in the afternoon twice a week (three times a week in the Summer School period) with a minimum of 2 participants.
** Bus tickets are not included, students will be asked to provide them by themselves.
*** To join the sport, recreational, cooking and cultural activities offered by the Association Federico II to their students as their members, it is required to accept and respect all the safety standards and to exempt the organization from any responsibility for damages to themselves, others, or things by filling this form.